This site is dedicated to building a community for Catholic bloggers in Canada, to the glory of Christ.
To participate in this community of bloggers with your own blog, please contact me at:

kerrcolin@hotmail.com

Sunday, March 11, 2012

The Holiest Church in Canada

About twice a year I come to Toronto with the family, to spend some time with my brother's family. It's always a treat to attend mass at their parish - Holy Cross.

It would be difficult to make the case for it being the Country's most beautiful church, but I will argue for it being one of the Country's holiest.



File:Holy Cross, Toronto.JPG


The people always amaze me. The pastors too. I have a soft spot for Filipinos, I got to say, and that has a great deal to do with the people of this parish, of which they seem to compose about ninety percent.

How do you judge holiness from the outside? I don't know. There is something about the way they sing and participate in mass, about the way they speak to each other and conduct themselves. Holiness does radiate, I'm convinced, I only hesitate about my ability to perceive it.

I'm sure we can all think of just plain bad masses we've been to, for one reason or another. But let's talk about the good ones. Shrines and religious houses aside, in your opinion, what is the holiest parish church in Canada?

5 comments:

  1. You know, I love my parish, no question. It is a very holy place.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's a lot to choose from:

    My site maybe of some use to help choose, see: www.rchouses.com

    For me the holiest church in Canada, is my parish:

    St Augustine's in Vancouver.

    http://www.rchouses.com/ca/bc/6047364455.htm

    The folks there are friendly and easy going. The church
    is beautiful yet modest.

    Regards,

    M. Henry

    ReplyDelete
  3. nice posting.. thanks for sharing..

    ReplyDelete