This site is dedicated to building a community for Catholic bloggers in Canada, to the glory of Christ.
To participate in this community of bloggers with your own blog, please contact me at:

kerrcolin@hotmail.com

Under the patronage of St. Augustine of Hippo and Blessed François-Xavier de Montmorency-Laval.


Saturday, May 12, 2012

Pilgrim Reader

I might be moving out of the Ottawa Valley soon. I have always wanted my blogs to promote this area - the wonderful land of - for lack of a better phrase - Catherine Doherty and of Madonna House. Since she came and set up this spiritual community other great things were drawn in - the formation house of the Companions of the Cross and Our Lady Seat of Wisdom Catholic college. Many wonderful families have come in as a result. If you are looking for a nourishing place to raise a family and grow in your prayer life, this is the place for you.

One little place I want to mention as well is a little book store that I have enjoyed visiting these last five years - The Pilgrim Reader. Run by the Lynch family, they have an excellent assortment of books. It is one of the best collections and one of the most pleasant book store environments I have ever encountered. Believe me, I have been to countless used bookstores! I am especially fond of their collection of Eastern Theology texts, specifically, their assortment of St. Vladimir's Seminary Press books, of which I purchased a few the other day. They also have a nice collection of children's books and books for young people.

If you can't make it into Combermere, visit them and order a book online. Support this fine family and their efforts to provide good books to this area.

No comments:

Post a Comment