This site is dedicated to building a community for Catholic bloggers in Canada, to the glory of Christ.
To participate in this community of bloggers with your own blog, please contact me at:

kerrcolin@hotmail.com

Sunday, July 29, 2012

Phrase du Jour: Conrad Black's

Unlike some, I have bought wholesale into Lord Black. (What can I say, I'm a sucker for fine writing and a good vocabulary.) Read his piece in the National Post. You'll find, as you always do with him, an uncommon diction from an uncommon mind. And this bon mot:

I felt a sensation of hatred toward this ghastly mutation who thought it his righteous prerogative to disrupt the dinner of strangers and shout abusive comments on the sidewalk, but also pity for this pathetic interloper reduced to such depths of sociopathic impotence.

Besides its literary quality, the article also has spiritually poignancy, a good thought for a Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment