This site is dedicated to building a community for Catholic bloggers in Canada, to the glory of Christ.
To participate in this community of bloggers with your own blog, please contact me at:

kerrcolin@hotmail.com

Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Posts of Note

I count it a great blessing that I still get emails from people who have discovered SCCB and would like their blog listed on it. I get about one email a week like this, it seems to me. Like you, I have my favourites from the list that I keep my eyes on and am always especially excited to see a new post from them appear.

I wish I had more time and ingenuity to donate to this project. As I've likely said before, one of my dreams is to have a quarterly newsletter mailing of 'best posts' from our bloggers. Yet, unfortunately, I have a job. Yes, alas, a job inconveniencing me in this time of global economic recession. If someone has the necessary software (Quark, InDesign, whatever) and know-how, I would be glad to supply the editing oversight. Oh yea, we'd need a investor donor too to cover the costs of at least the first few editions.

_______________________________

A new blog that I have recently added to the list is Team Orthodoxy. I like the idea of "Top Ten Tuesdays." Let's call it the Canadian version of Fulwiler's 7 Quick Takes Friday.

The Crossroads walkers are in Ontario now. Blogging on their behalf is a former student of mine - Pat Wilson. That he writes so well I take as a partial compliment. Come to think of it, he always wrote well, so never mind.

Archbishop Prendergast was over today and, yes, in addition to other things, we talked blogs. He never forgets his camera. Learn from him, fellow bloggers! (I know I need to. I never seem to remember mine.)

_______________________________

I am glad that not too many of us think summer vacation means a vacation from blogging. It's too hot to do anything else, anyway.


Maybe I should start watering my grass!

No comments:

Post a Comment