This site is dedicated to building a community for Catholic bloggers in Canada, to the glory of Christ.
To participate in this community of bloggers with your own blog, please contact me at:

kerrcolin@hotmail.com

Tuesday, August 21, 2012

New Editor at Catholic Insight!

I just found out that my friend and former colleague from OLSWA, Dr. David Beresford, is the new editor of Catholic Insight.

Catholic Insight has always been a valuable source of, well - frankly - insight from Catholics. It's chief, Fr. Alphonse de Valk, CSB, has done a fine job with the publication over the years and has, in fact, established himself as an authoritative and respected voice in the Canadian Church.

I could not think of a better person to follow after Fr. de Valk. Beresford is one of the most refreshing Catholic minds I have ever met. He has an infectious love for all things, from nature to supernature. And while we enjoyed exchanging barbs - he attacking my Platonism and me attacking his unbridled devotion to Chesterton - his fundamental commitment to the Church's teaching on faith and reason is something on which our minds and hearts perfectly line up.

During some dark days I could always count on his encouragement.

Congratulations, David! We'll be reading!



2 comments:

  1. Wow, that's very exciting news! This decision has been a while in coming.

    ReplyDelete