This site is dedicated to building a community for Catholic bloggers in Canada, to the glory of Christ.
To participate in this community of bloggers with your own blog, please contact me at:

kerrcolin@hotmail.com

Friday, November 9, 2012

Why Don't I Bash More?

Some readers and participants might be a little disappointed in me, that I don't take on the kind of editorial leadership that one might expect of someone like me. Why don't I more often condemn what needs condemning, and praise what needs praising?

Short answer - that's your job. I just rebroadcast your thoughts. They're more interesting than mine. Also, I do some of that on thetheologyofdad.

Longer answer - truthfully, I think many Catholic bloggers would share my thought: if you don't have anything good to say, why be just one more blog pointing out the bad? If people didn't get the point from reading Fr. Z, Akin or Shea in the U.S., or Socon or Bust or Heresy Hunter in Canada, why do I think they would get it from my reiteration? I'd rather celebrate the Culture of Life than spend my time decrying the Culture of Death. I think a blogger can't ignore patent evil, but he does equally wrong when he fails to celebrate the life we've been given in Christ.

Often it hardly seems like we have good stories to share. But then again, Sunday marks the ninety-third anniversary of the end of World War I. That's a good story. That marked, just as World War II marked, the victory of freedom over tyranny. We can certainly hope for other victories to come.

49 comments:

  1. Dear Colin,

    I don't think it's a question of bashing or not bashing or somewhere in between. I think it's a matter of always trying to be accurate and respectful of the truth. And then, in spite of it all, to give a reason for our hope.
    Blessings to you and your readers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Lou. We need to make a concerted effort at optimism! Thanks for the blessings...

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete