This site is dedicated to building a community for Catholic bloggers in Canada, to the glory of Christ.
To participate in this community of bloggers with your own blog, please contact me at:

kerrcolin@hotmail.com

Sunday, April 6, 2014

The Tragedy of St. Elias' Church

As most of you know, St. Elias' Ukrainian Catholic Church in Brampton burnt down the other day. You can help in the rebuilding effort of this holy site through Canada Helps.

Stay up to date on the situation through their website.









3 comments:

  1. Any information on why this church burned down? I wonder if it had anything to do with what is going on in the Ukraine...?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fires happen, and this is one big wooden structure!? Tying this to the Ukraine's struggles with Russia would be a little unrealistic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was my first thought, Lea, but you'll notice that two other churches were attacked in Brampton recently. This is an astonishing and under-reported fact. My assumption is that it has something to do with another socio-political factor. I am writing on this for LifeSiteNews, so I will be digging into it. Check LifeSite soon for my findings...

    ReplyDelete