This site is dedicated to building a community for Catholic bloggers in Canada, to the glory of Christ.
To participate in this community of bloggers with your own blog, please contact me at:

kerrcolin@hotmail.com

Friday, September 4, 2015

What you Heard Was... What I Meant Was...


Ohh, so when I said that I am Catholic,


what you heard was, I think all religions are the same, but I just happened to be born to an Italian, Polish or Irish family, I like getting drunk on St. Patrick's Day and I think JFK was a great president. But I really think that it's what's in the heart that counts and that everyone can be a perfectly good person without God and without the teaching of the Church...


But what you failed to realize is that I was not born into a Catholic family. I converted after a long, diligent, thoughtful search...


So when I say I am Catholic, what I really mean is I became Catholic because I think it is the best religion; I think it is better than your religion. Because if I did not think this I would not have become Catholic and would not go around saying I am Catholic. Rather,  I would say other things like, "I am of the same religion as you," or "I have no religion." You see?


So hate me if you must - and there is a lot to hate - but just don't misunderstand me, k?


But, you have to admit, don't you, that it's kind of stupid to expect people not to actually believe in the things they say they believe in, right?


Of course, maybe I'm wrong and Catholicism isn't the best religion. But please don't expect me not to be true to my beliefs!


No comments:

Post a Comment